This gem is no longer maintained
Use roo or creek for streaming xlsx parsing.
Super simple, super fast stream-based XLSX parsing. Suitable for very large files.
Requires Ruby 2.0 or later.
require 'dullard' workbook = Dullard::Workbook.new "file.xlsx" workbook.sheets.rows.each do |row| p row # => ["a","b","c", 0.3, #<DateTime: -4712-01-01....>, ...] end
- Limited validation and error handling.
- Formatted cells are read minus formatting.
- Rows that end with empty cells may be truncated.
- Less common XLSX features (i.e., inline strings, 1904 date mode) may not work.
- May be buggy. Pull requests welcome!