Connected Fastlane Plugin
A fastlane plugin that uses your app store connect api key to upload apps to TestFlight and install provisioning profiles. This plugin interacts with a 3rd party ruby App Store Connect sdk (https://github.com/kyledecot/app_store_connect).
This plugin has 3 actions
- Initialises app store connect api session
- You MUST execute this action before you can use any other actions
- Example (requires CONNECT_API_KEY, CONNECT_KEY_ID and CONNECT_KEY_ISSUER_ID in your env variables)
- Fetches all of the provisioning profiles for a given app id, installs them and their certificates
- Requires you to have created your provisioning profile for your app manually in the Apple Developer Portal
connected_certs( app_id: 'com.company.app' )
- Uploads your
.ipafile to TestFlight
- Example if you used gym to compile your app
connected_upload( ipa_file: lane_context[SharedValues::IPA_OUTPUT_PATH] )
- Uploads your
- Please post requests for new features for this plugin as it is still very barebones.
This project is a fastlane plugin. To get started with
fastlane-plugin-connected, add it to your project by running:
fastlane add_plugin connected
You should setup these env variable in your CI machine. If you don't have these credentials, you can follow this documentation https://developer.apple.com/documentation/appstoreconnectapi/creating_api_keys_for_app_store_connect_api
# The content of your app store key .p8 file CONNECT_API_KEY="" export CONNECT_API_KEY="-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY----- 5ED67D7564A5387EE418844C7A8E85ED67D7564A5387EE418844C7A8E85ED67D 5ED67D7564A5387EE418844C7A8E85ED67D7564A5387EE418844C7A8E85ED67D 5ED67D7564A5387EE418844C7A8E85ED67D7564A5387EE418844C7A8E85ED67D 5ED67D75 -----END PRIVATE KEY-----" # Your app store connect key id export CONNECT_KEY_ID="5ED67D7564" # Your app store connect key issuer id export CONNECT_KEY_ISSUER_ID="fj83hofh-fj83-fj83-f83j-fj83hofh92b5"
Check out the example
Fastfile to see how to use this plugin. Try it by cloning the repo, running
bundle install and
bundle exec fastlane test.
Run tests for this plugin
To run both the tests, and code style validation, run
To automatically fix many of the styling issues, use
- This project was built and test using ruby version 2.5.5 and includes an rbenv configuration file for contributors
Issues and Feedback
For any other issues and feedback about this plugin, please submit it to this repository.
If you have trouble using plugins, check out the Plugins Troubleshooting guide.
Using fastlane Plugins
For more information about how the
fastlane plugin system works, check out the Plugins documentation.
fastlane is the easiest way to automate beta deployments and releases for your iOS and Android apps. To learn more, check out fastlane.tools.