Beautiful, performant feature flags for Ruby.
Flipper gives you control over who has access to features in your app.
- Enable or disable features for everyone, specific actors, groups of actors, a percentage of actors, or a percentage of time.
- Configure your feature flags from the console or a web UI.
- Regardless of what data store you are using, Flipper can performantly store your feature flags.
- Use Flipper Cloud to cascade features from multiple environments, share settings with your team, control permissions, keep an audit history, and rollback.
Control your software — don't let it control you.
Add this line to your application's Gemfile:
You'll also want to pick a storage adapter, for example:
And then execute:
Or install it yourself with:
$ gem install flipper
Subscribe & Ship
💌 Subscribe - we'll send you short and sweet emails when we release new versions.
Flipper#enabled? in your app to check if a feature is enabled.
# check if search is enabled if Flipper.enabled? :search, current_user puts 'Search away!' else puts 'No search for you!' end
All features are disabled by default, so you'll need to explicitly enable them.
# Enable a feature for everyone Flipper.enable :search # Enable a feature for a specific actor Flipper.enable_actor :search, current_user # Enable a feature for a group of actors Flipper.enable_group :search, :admin # Enable a feature for a percentage of actors Flipper.enable_percentage_of_actors :search, 2
Like Flipper and want more? Check out Flipper Cloud, which comes with:
- everything in one place — no need to bounce around from different application UIs or IRB consoles.
- permissions — grant access to everyone in your organization or lockdown each project to particular people.
- multiple environments — production, staging, enterprise, by continent, whatever you need.
- personal environments — no more rake scripts or manual enable/disable to get your laptop to look like production. Every developer gets a personal environment that inherits from production that they can override as they please (read more).
- no maintenance — we'll keep the lights on for you. We also have handy webhooks for keeping your app in sync with Cloud, so our availability won't affect yours. All your feature flag reads are local to your app.
- audit history — every feature change and who made it.
- rollbacks — enable or disable a feature accidentally? No problem. You can roll back to any point in the audit history with a single click.
Cloud is super simple to integrate with Rails (demo app), Sinatra or any other framework.
- Fork it
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Run the tests (
bundle exec rake). Check out Docker-Compose if you need help getting all the adapters running.
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Added some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create new Pull Request
- Update the version to be whatever it should be and commit.
Brought To You By