Foreman Ansible ▶️
Reporting and facts import from Ansible to Foreman.
- Main website: theforeman.org
- Plugin manual: foreman_ansible manual
- ServerFault tag: Foreman
- Issues: foreman ansible on Redmine
- Community and support: #theforeman for general support, #theforeman-dev for development chat in Freenode
- Mailing lists:
- Import facts
- Monitor playbook and Ansible runs runtime
- Sends Ansible reports to Foreman that contain what changed on your system after an ansible run.
- Stores a list of roles applicable to your hosts and 'plays' them
- Looking for an Ansible dynamic inventory for Foreman? Use foreman_ansible_inventory
Documentation (installation and configuration)
Check out the official manual at theforeman.org
Registering a new host in Foreman
Host with failed and successful reports
Assigning roles to a host and 'playing' them
The callback sends a POST request to /api/v2/hosts/facts with the format you can see in the API docs.
Facts must contain the output of
ansible -m setup $HOSTNAME, plus a '_type' and '_timestamp' keys. You can see an example on test/fixtures/sample_facts.json in this repository.
After that request, you should have a host registered in Foreman with the Ansible facts. It takes into account some facter and ohai facts if these are available on the system as well.
Copyright (c) Daniel Lobato Garcia
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.