The Foreman M2 plugin introduces M2 functionality into Foreman. This is currently in-progress. Related: https://github.com/ianballou/smart_proxy_m2
- TFTP & DHCP servers
- Smart-Proxy plugin that has M2 among its capabilities (see link above)
- Note: In 0.0.1 & 0.0.2, ensure that the M2 smart proxy is called "proxy_m2". This will be addressed in the next release.
- Working M2 installation with images imported to the M2 project in use
- Currently supports M2 commit 5b93852d3d1e73deecfa162fdc0b833ae84eb5a5
See How_to_Install_a_Plugin for how to install Foreman plugins
Be sure to run
rake db:seed to seed the database.
- Create an M2 compute resource
- Relate M2 provisioning templates to the M2 computer resource
- Create M2 images in the M2 compute resource NOTE: For now, ensure that the entered image name matches the one in the drop-down menu.
- Create host using M2 provider Note: make sure to select "Network & Image Based" provisioning method.
Query for M2 smart proxy by some method other than its name
- Fixed in 0.0.2
- Disk management interface in Foreman
- SSH orchestration attempts after host creation sometimes delay the generation of PXE boot files if there aren't enough server workers
- Try 5 workers
Fork and send a Pull Request. Thanks!
Copyright (c) 2018 Ian Ballou
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.