Mission Control for your projects and teams.
Houston interfaces with your version-control, ticket-tracking, continuous integration, and other systems to stitch together a picture of your projects and teams.
It makes it easy to set up triggers to perform tasks like:
- Resolving an exception report when a commit that mentions it is deployed
- Slacking team members when a pull request is labeled or unlabeled
- Notifying a committer when their commit breaks a test
And it provides a foundation for custom views like dashboards and reports.
Houston is also extensible through Modules like:
- Houston::Slack, which gives Houston the ability to listen to messages—and respond—via Slack
- Houston::Alerts, which gives Houston the ability to treat tasks from arbitrary sources as a unified queue
- Houston::Feedback, which adds a view for quickly importing, tagging, and searching customer feedback
- Houston::Roadmaps, which adds a view for planning project milestones
To use Houston, you must have
gem install houston-core
Generate an instance of Houston
houston new my-houston cd my-houston
config/database.ymlto connect to your database (See the Rails Guide for examples)
Set up your database
bundle exec rails server
Houston is released under the MIT License.