Linnaeus is a redis-backed naive Bayesian classification system. Please see the rdoc for more information. Ruby 1.9 is required.
lt = Linnaeus::Trainer.new # Used to train documents lc = Linnaeus::Classifier.new # Used to classify documents lt.train 'language', 'Ruby is a dynamic, reflective, general-purpose object-oriented programming language that combines syntax inspired by Perl with Smalltalk-like features.' lt.train 'database', 'PostgreSQL, often simply Postgres, is an object-relational database management system (ORDBMS) available for many platforms including Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X.' lc.classify 'Perl is a high-level, general-purpose, interpreted, dynamic programming language.' # returns "language"
Contributing to linnaeus
- Submit bugs to the github issue tracker: https://github.com/djcp/linnaeus/issues
- If you'd like to add a feature, please submit a description of it to the issue tracker so we can discuss.
- If the feature makes sense, fork the github repository. Write rspec tests and issue a pull request when your change is done.
- Create additional storage backends - sqlite, postgresql, mongodb, etc.
- Allow for weighting tweaks.
Copyright (c) 2012 Dan Collis-Puro. See LICENSE.txt for further details.
- Image courtesy wikipedia. About Carl Linnaeus: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linnaeus