Rumbster is a fake smtp server for email testing in Ruby. Rumbster was developed to as a way to acceptance test email sending applications.
- Ruby 1.8.7 or later (may work with earlier versions)
A good source for usage information is the unit tests in the test directory. Below is an example of the usage.
class TestEmails < Test::Unit::TestCase def setup @rumbster = Rumbster.new(port) @message_observer = MailMessageObserver.new @rumbster.add_observer @message_observer @rumbster.add_observer FileMessageObserver.new('some/directory') @rumbster.start end def teardown @rumbster.stop end def test_email_is_sent send_email assert_equal 1, @message_observer.messages.size assert_equal 'firstname.lastname@example.org', @message_observer.messages.first.to end end
Contributing to rumbster
- Check out the latest master to make sure the feature hasn't been implemented or the bug hasn't been fixed yet
- Check out the issue tracker to make sure someone already hasn't requested it and/or contributed it
- Fork the project
- Start a feature/bugfix branch
- Commit and push until you are happy with your contribution
- Make sure to add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Please try not to mess with the Rakefile, version, or history. If you want to have your own version, or is otherwise necessary, that is fine, but please isolate to its own commit so I can cherry-pick around it.
Copyright (c) 2011 Adam Esterline. See LICENSE.txt for further details.