Shopify App CLI helps you build Shopify apps faster. It quickly generates Node.js and Ruby on Rails apps and automates many common development tasks.
Shopify App CLI helps your app development process in the following ways:
- Creates an app in the Partner dashboard
- Populates test data for your app, including products, customers, and draft orders
- Generates new webhooks for your app
- Deploys your app to an external platform, such as Heroku
Refer to Install Shopify App CLI to learn how to install Shopify App CLI on Windows, macOS, or Linux.
Refer to Getting started with Shopify App CLI to learn how to create and manage different types of projects with Shopify App CLI.
- Shopify App CLI core commands - A complete reference of core commands for Shopify App CLI.
- Node.js app commands - A complete Shopify App CLI command reference for Node.js apps.
- Ruby on Rails app commands - A complete Shopify App CLI command reference for Ruby on Rails apps.
Refer to Troubleshooting Shopify App CLI to learn how to upgrade, migrate from a legacy version, and uninstall Shopify App CLI.
Contributing to Shopify App CLI
Developing Shopify App CLI
Read the development guide.