This repository contains documentation/bindings generators and the configs for all Bricks and Bricklets, which describe the different language bindings.
- language/ (c, python, etc):
- Contains language specific IP Connection
- and language specific documentation/bindings generators
- Contains the configs for all Bricks and Bricklets
- Generates all bindings and documentations
- Copies all bindings and documentations to the corresponding places
The generators are written in Python and meant to be executed on Linux. They work with Python 2.7. Python 3 will probably not work.
The generators for specific bindings can have extra requirements, typically the compilers for compiled languages (the following list is incomplete):
- Mono 3.2 or higher (gmcs + runtime)
If you only want to generate the bindings it is sufficient to clone this repository. For example, to generate the C# bindings execute the following commands:
cd csharp python generate_csharp_bindings.py python generate_csharp_zip.py
If you want to generate the documentation as well, you have to clone all
Brick gits and all Bricklet gits in parallel to the generators git.
copy_all.py scripts can't find the
examples that are used in the documentation.