WatirCats uses Watir-Webdriver to grab screenshots of pages at multiple widths. It also grabs and parses a site's sitemap, assuming the site map is hosted at the site_root/sitemap.xml.
compare, ImageMagick is used to see if the images have differences. If they do, you'll get a visual diff in the output folder.
Some of the features:
- Responsive Screenshots
- Multiple sources for URLs, but most rely on /sitemap.xml for use
- Multiple Browsing engines. Chrome, Firefox, FirefoxESR, and support for IE
- Proxy and custom binary path support for Firefox
- Ruby 1.9.3 or greater
gem install watircats
- Checkout this repository
gem build watircats.gemspec
gem install watircats-0.2.5.gem
- Compare And Take Screenshots:
watircats compare http://my.example.com http://my-other.example.com
- Compare two folders of screenshots:
watircats folders folder_a folder_b
- Take screenshots at several widths:
watircats screenshots http://my.example.com --widths 1024 800 320
Configuration can be done at the command line or via a config file. See 'sample_config.yml' for the available parameters.
Specify a config file at runtime with
If you want to add functionality to this project, pull requests are welcome.
- Create a branch based off master and do all of your changes with in it.
- If it you have to pause to add a 'and' anywhere in the title, it should be two pull requests.
- Make commits of logical units and describe them properly
- Check for unnecessary whitespace with git diff --check before committing.
- If possible, submit tests to your patch / new feature so it can be tested easily.
- Assure nothing is broken by running all the test
- Please ensure that it complies with coding standards.
Please raise any issues with this project as a GitHub issue.
WatirCats is available to everyone under the terms of the MIT open source license. Take a look at the LICENSE file in the code.