Syncs dashboards between Grafana instances. Lifts the burden of migrating changes between environment instances by hand. Unleashes the power of Linux command-line tools on Grafana config files.
Tested against Grafana 6.
Installation and Usage
Suggested workflow is:
- for each separately deployed project create a repo based off of a
sample_repoand head to it
cp sample_repo ../mars_shuttle cd ../mars_shuttle
- install GrafanaSync locally (with e.g. asdf)
asdf install gem install bundler -v 2.1.4 bundle
gem install grafana_sync
config.rbto suit your needs. For each environment there has to be specified Grafana URL and Grafana folder. One environment (say "staging") is tweaked manually through Grafana web-interface, optionally stored in a VCS and then deployed to other environments (say "production").
- tweak manually staging Grafana through web-interface to fit your needs
- fetch staging Grafana configs
grafync staging pull
- optionally review changes and commit
- see what are the changes to be applied to production
same with paging
grafync production diff
grafync production diff | less -R
- apply Grafana configs to production
grafync production push