V3.0.0 is released with Shakapacker v7 support, including SSR. Please try it out and report any issues. We'll try to address any critical issues ASAP.
For version 2.7 documentation checkout 2.7-stable branch.
React-Rails is a flexible tool to use React with Rails. The benefits:
- Automatically renders React server-side and client-side
- Supports Shakapacker v7
- Supports Sprockets 4.x, 3.x
- Lets you use JSX, ES6, TypeScript, CoffeeScript
Hey Justin 👋
I just wanted to let you know that we today shipped the webpacker to shakapacker upgrades and it all seems to be running smoothly! Thanks again for all your support and your teams work! 😍
On top of your work, it was now also very easy for me to upgrade Tailwind and include our external node_module based web component library which we were using for our other (more modern) apps already. That work is going to be shipped later this week though as we are polishing the last bits of it. 😉
Have a great 2023 and maybe we get to work together again later in the year! 🙌
Click to join React + Rails Slack. Then join the channel
- If you are upgrading, you might consider migrating to the react_on_rails gem.
- Source code example utilizing React-Rails: https://github.com/BookOfGreg/react-rails-example-app
- Get started
- View Helper
- Server-Side Rendering
- Controller Actions
- Component Generator
- Common Errors
After reading this README file, additional information about React-Rails can be found in the Wiki page: https://github.com/reactjs/React-Rails/wiki The Wiki page features a significant amount of additional information about React-Rails which includes instructional articles and answers to the most frequently asked questions.
- webpacker-react: Integration of React with Rails utilizing Webpack with Hot Module Replacement (HMR).
The React on Rails Course A video course which teaches the basics of React and how to get started using it in Rails with
- react_on_rails: Integration of React with Rails utilizing Webpack, Redux, React-Router.
react-rails-hot-loader Simple live-reloader for
- react-rails-benchmark_renderer adds performance instrumentation to server rendering.
- Ruby Hyperstack: Use Ruby to build reactive user interfaces with React.
🎉 Thanks for taking the time to contribute! 🎉
With 5 Million+ downloads of the react-rails Gem and another 2 Million+ downloads of react_ujs on NPM, you're helping the biggest React + Rails community!
By contributing to React-Rails, you agree to abide by the code of conduct.
You can always help by submitting patches or triaging issues. Even offering reproduction steps to issues is incredibly helpful!
The following companies support the development of this and other open-source projects maintained by ShakaCode by providing licenses to the ShakaCode team. ShakaCode stands by the usefulness of these products!
Please see our Contribution guide for more info.