A PostgreSQL backend for Refile.
- You want to store all your data in one place to simplify backups and replication
Take into account
- Gem is developed and tested using Postgresql 9.3, Ruby 2.1 and ActiveRecord 4.x. It might work with earlier versions.
- Performance hit storing files in database
- Higher memory requirements for database
- Backups can take significantly longer
Add this line to your application's Gemfile:
gem 'refile-postgres', '~> 1.4.0'
And then execute:
Or install it yourself as:
$ gem install refile-postgres
Usage with Rails
Application must have sql as schema format to properly dump OID type.
# config/application.rb config.active_record.schema_format = :sql
Generate migration for table were to store list of attachments.
$ rails g refile:postgres:migration
Run the migrations
$ rake db:migrate
Generate initializer and set Refile::Postgres as
$ rails g refile:postgres:initializer
Upgrade to 1.3.0
If you have been using refile-postgres before 1.3.0 version then please follow upgrade guide
- Fork it ( https://github.com/krists/refile-postgres/fork )
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request