Rollbar Ruby Gem
Rollbar is a real-time exception reporting service for Ruby and other languages. The Rollbar service will alert you of problems with your code and help you understand them in a ways never possible before. We love it and we hope you will too.
Rollbar-gem is the SDK for Ruby apps and includes support for apps using Rails, Sinatra, Rack, plain Ruby, and other frameworks.
Key benefits of using Rollbar Ruby Gem are:
- Frameworks: Rollbar Ruby Gem supports popular Ruby frameworks such as Rails, Sinatra, Grape and more.
- Integrations: Rollbar Ruby has integrations for Resque, ActiveJob, rollbar-agent, Sidekiq and more!
- Automatic error grouping: Rollbar aggregates Occurrences caused by the same error into Items that represent application issues. Learn more about reducing log noise.
- Advanced search: Filter items by many different properties. Learn more about search.
- Customizable notifications: Rollbar supports several messaging and incident management tools where your team can get notified about errors and important events by real-time alerts. Learn more about Rollbar notifications.
- Sign up for a Rollbar account
- Follow the Getting Started instructions in our Ruby SDK docs to install rollbar-gem and configure it for your platform.
Usage and Reference
For complete usage instructions and configuration reference, see our Ruby SDK docs.
Version >= 3.0.0 is compatible with Ruby >= 2.0.0.
Version >= 2.19.0 is compatible with Ruby >= 1.9.3.
Version < 2.19.0 is compatible with Ruby >= 1.8.7.
WARNING: Ruby 2.6.0 introduced a new bug (#15472 - Invalid JSON data being sent from Net::HTTP in some cases with Ruby 2.6.0) that may result in the Rollbar API returning an error when an exception is reported. (See rollbar-gem issue #797).
UPDATE: This bug is fixed in Ruby 2.6.1, and rollbar-gem has a safe workaround in version >= 2.19.0. If you need to stay on Ruby 2.6.0 for any reason, make sure you have the latest rollbar-gem.
Release History & Changelog
See our Releases page for a list of all releases, including changes.
Help / Support
If you run into any issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For bug reports, please open an issue on GitHub.
- Fork it
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature).
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Added some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create new Pull Request
We're using RSpec for testing. Run the test suite with
rake spec. Tests for pull requests are appreciated but not required. (If you don't include a test, we'll write one before merging.)
Rollbar-gem is free software released under the MIT License. See LICENSE for details.